Sheikh Fahim is delivering One Day Intensive Course on “Effective Teaching Methods”.
Date: Sat, 29th Jun 2013
Venue: To Be Confirmed [venue will be in East London areas]
Fee: £25 – Early Bird Discount if register before Mon, 24th Jun 2013
After this date, fee will be £35.
Click here to Register NOW!
This one day intensive course is aimed at those wishing to undertake teaching professions at Islamic Supplementary Schools, other relevant establishments or to understand education and learning within a teaching context. The course focuses on the philosophy of education, knowledge and teaching in Islam. It also explores various models of effective teaching, approaches to learning, along with various evaluation methods.
To provide an opportunity for participants to:
- Understand the philosophy of education, knowledge and teaching in Islam
- Explore various models of effective teaching, learning and assessment
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the Islamic perspective of education, knowledge, teaching and learning
- Understand the key Quranic and Prophetic teaching methods
- Understand various effective teaching, learning and assessment methods
- Adopt effective methods of correction when teaching Quran recitation
- Incorporate various elements of inspiration, engagement and relevance in teaching
- Knowledge and education in Islam
- Quranic and Prophetic teaching methods
- The principle of alignment between design, delivery and assessment
- Surface and deep approaches to learning
- Understanding transmission and engagement teaching models
- Small group teaching
- Practice-based teaching of Quran
- The methods of Tilawah correction
- Differentiation in teaching
- Teaching children/adult-size Islam
- Fun and activity-based teaching
- Teaching through role modelling
- Understanding formative and summative assessment
- Methods of evaluation
- Inspiration, engagement and relevance